Friday, December 4, 2009

2012- Wouldn't you rather die?

 *Spoiler alert*

So i sat through the entire 2 hr 38 min long movie. Yes! that is loooong!... But surprisingly it was only after the movie ended and i looked at the time did I realise how long I had actually been staring at the screen, sitting at the edge of my seat, scared out of my wits thinking about what the end of the world would actually be like!
Did i like the movie?... Im not sure...
Yes..even though it held my interest throughout, afterwards I was left wondering what exactly was I interested in? I wouldn't say that it isn't worth watching though. Go ahead.. Watch it.. Gasp, cringe, clap!
And after you're done talk about how unrealistic it was.. The whole ark thing at the end? Isnt everyone supposed to die when the world ends? The day of judgement and all that!...The ark thing has already happened once.. Do we really need to repeat history ALL the time??
But getting to the actual title of my post.. I wondered if I was in such a situation would I actually want to struggle my way to this "ark" that I have no idea how I would get on, even if I do reach it, while the whole world is collapsing around me... or would I prefer to die with the rest of the world..? And let that be the end of my suffering? And I came to the conclusion... I would DEFINITLY want to die!! And even if I did somehow have a place on the "ark" and i knew I could live while the world is completely destroyed.. Would I actually want to start building the WORLD again???? All the comfort I know in this world is gone.. Back to the beginning of time.. back to 0001!!!! Maybe i give up too easily.. But I really do like my comforts!.. The whole its-the-people-you-are-with-that-is-important-and-not-the-place.. I really dont believe in it.. Yes people are extremely important!! and yes they probably are more important than places.. But the place and things matter as well!!.. Afterall it is the little THINGS that make a life!!.. Starting all over must be hard!!! And I hate change as it is..
But is that just me?... Would the rest of the world actually struggle through this:



and this:

To get to these really ugly arks:


And then build the entire world from scratch!!
Or is there somebody else out there who, like me, would just simply die than go through all that?
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Movies, Books, etc... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates